We are not new to RV’ing but recently upgraded from a travel trailer to the Reflection 5th wheel. During the PDI they said a ton of things but really never address true owner maintenance on the rig. What should I be doing on a regular basis?
@Farva it is fairly simple.
- Inspect the roof, seams and seals, around the vents and any other penetrations of trailer. Use self-leveling Dicor or equivalent to patch up any spots that are missing or exposed.
I also recommend Eternabond tape, put this around the vents and covers after the Dicor had hardened (48 hours after applied). I would also tape the seams, this is a permanent fix.
If you have lead acid battery, make sure to top off the water with distilled water.
Adjust the drum brakes with a spoon
- Treat the seals around your doors, windows and slideout’s (not for swintek gear rack)
- Clean your awning to remove the mold
- Lube the window tracks, emergency window mechanisims, door hinges and swintek gear rack
- Clean and protect the metal surfaces including the frame and tongue, awning arms, and steps to prevent rust
- Sterilize the fresh water tank and lines with bleach solution
- Replace the air filter in the AC unit yearly
- Grease the axles
- Clean and flush the grey tank
- Clean and flush the black tank