Anyone towing Imagine 18

Anyone towing an Imagine XLS 18RBE with a Honda Ridgeline?

Do your numbers! It’s ultimately up to you. I am towing a 2019 18rbe with a 2002 Toyota Seqouia. Once you find your trailer get the GVWR from the tag on the trailer. The brochures are ballpark at best.

Thanks for your input. Happy trailering.

I’m towing an 19RLE XLS with a 2019 Toyota Tundra Crew Max. Pay attention to your cargo carrying capacity as your Tongue weight will reduce your overall capacity. This will impact the number of passengers and gear you can carry while remaining legal.

Thank you. We are looking to change to a Ram truck. Hate to give up the Honda but the numbers are just too close.

I doubt a Honda Ridgeline will work. I tow our 2019 18RBE with a Nissan Frontier with a tow rating of 6300, 1,300 more than the Ridgeline. I have a weight distributing hitch with sway control. The problem with the 18RBE is the big frontal area that has a lot of drag. And it really is a dry weight of about 4,200. The total weight of ours is close to 5,500 fully loaded with our stuff for a boondocking camping trip, cause I’ve got a full load of fresh water. It handles well, but mileage is poor. I get 10 miles to the gallon in mountains on the Interstate with the cruise set at about 60. On flatland I will get maybe 11. The Frontier has a bigger 6 cylinder 4 liter engine a transmission with a tow mode and is full body on frame. Its a strong truck, but I’d like a bit more range. Because of the 20.5 gallon tank I stop for gas every 2+ hours and when going to Alaska I keep 10 gallons of gas in the bed alongside the generator. I’ve not had to use it yet, but I figure there are only 2 gallons left when the yellow low fuel light comes on!