I will concur with the thread here, GoPower stuff is basically junk. As @UP844 noted it is imported goods that are rebranded. The flexible panels are at best only going to work for a few years. Read any number of reviews on any of the flexible panels. Among the problems:
- Made from sub-standard cells to begin with.
- The fuse box onto of each panel is prone to leaking and shorting
- They plastic will warp and the cells will develop cups. Water/debris will collect and affect output.
- Prone to scratching from branches on the roof, decreasing output
- Lack of airflow cause the cells to heat up, decreasing output and longevity.
It’s such as great idea with a almost perfect form factor, so we keep seeing new versions of the same old junk being sold on Amazon, eBay etc. I would highly recommend you stay away from them. With that being said here are some better options if you MUST stick with flexible or thin-film panels:
Global Solar CIGS panels - These are not the monocrystalline solar panels that are sold everywhere cheep. CIGS are fantastic because of the properties of the cell, you get much much better performance in low light and non-direct sunlight.
Solbian solar panels - Italian company that makes very high quality flexible solar panels. You ARE going to pay for them but they are better quality then the cheep imports.
SunPower flexible panels - These are battery quality flexible monocrystalline panels. SunPower is a well known manufacture and many of the panels that can be had on eBay and Amazon are lower production quality SunPower cells.
SunPower cells assembled by a 3rd party:
Genuine SunPower panels (note the logo and the box design):